Thursday, June 3, 2021

LAUGHTER

The three of u, the nurse and Sandra and I ran as quick as I could to leave the hospital
I was able to leave as Sandra was there to sign me out.  They had a bed arranged for me on a floor above
.I was still very blocked after three more treatments.   The last one was the stuff you drink before you do a colon exam.  They are so powerful you just keep running to the bathroom all night.  It is not working yet.  What caused this problem I do not know.  What is the cure we do not know. It will be an interesting night to night.  I have never been so thankful for my own bed and own bathroom.

All day before I sat in a chair for at least 10 hours.  It was dour in the morning and I was thinking of doing some drastic things.  May be falling down on the floor.  I insisted that Sandra come to take charge of the situation.  She talked to the doctor and he came and said how sorry he was.

I should have complained much earlier.

The bed was hard and I had trouble falling asleep.

I am happy to be home with dad and Spenser.  Dad has put my eye drops in and I fall asleep.  We are watching the hockey game now.  Spenser has had a walk and is resting right by our side.  Dad picked up the medication which I take at bed time.

We bought some flower pots at the store to brighten up our back yard.

The house was bright and shinny as dad had been working very hard to clean it.

The nurses were very cheerful and helpful.

This not the first time I have ran to escape from the hospital.  Carol and Sandra were with me.

I believe if we can keep finding things to laugh at Life is Good.

God loves us and HE must have a sense of humor
look at all the funny critters de designed.


3 comments:

Shandel said...

I hope you got a good night's rest in your own bed. I also hope the medication does its magic and you feel much better soon. How could they make you sit in a chair for 10hours!? I would have been drastically dramatic about it too. So glad Sandy could rescue you.

Sandra said...

All in days work. The hospital staff were all pretty nice for the most part, obviouly very busy. You would have just hoped that SOMEONE would have seen an 80 year old woman sitting in a chair in pain for almost 12 hours and thought maybe a move to the empty bed would be nice.

I hope this is your hospital visit for the summer though and there are no more. I always think Mary jinxes things as you seem to so often end up there when she comes to visit.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Oh Beth, that is just terrible! I am so sorry to hear that you had that long wait in emergency and they still haven't found the problem or helped you. I can't believe how bad the health care system is out there. I don't know all the details, but it sounds like you need care right now. Why didn't you stay in the hospital bed? Then they could do tests to see what is wrong.
I know you are really worried about Larry, but they will see that home care comes in. Plus you have family who will help out.
I sure hope you are able to have a BM and things are better for you. You would feel so sick. Poor you.

Praying for you and Larry too,

Sending hugs and love,
Nancy