Monday, December 8, 2008

MEDITATION

HERE I READ AND MEDITATE

MY QUIET LITTLE RETREAT

When we get over tired and stressed we can be miserable to live with. I have beeen guilty of both. I think that if we are all honest we admitt this has happened to all of us at times.

I am being forced to have several rests a day and it is difficult for me because I think of things I want to do. This I am understanding is the ego manifesting itself in acts of doing, fixing etc.

I have decided to view this as a challenge to learn to meditate; which I do in the morning as I pray and read. I am hoping through meditation to silence this compulsive voice and to become calmer and less anxious'

I want to take time to be more aware of God's love that calls me to rest and to be aware of how precious it is find the refuge that waits for me to leave some things undone. I remember as a child how I admired the nuns that lives close by to us. They all seemed to have such beautiful faces and they walked with a gracious quiet spirit.

I am now reading a book and am practicing to really rest and find inner healing for my soul and physical healing of my body.

We all know it is hard to change but I am willing to try,

No comments: