Tuesday, December 2, 2008

PRAYERS OF IMMACULEE ILIBAGIZA

She has writen her second book. Her first was "Left to Tell" She survived the 1994 genocide in Rwanda hiding in a very small bathroom for 91 days with 7 other ladies barely able to breath let alone move. They could not even talk they were teffifies they would be found and murdered.

She prayed. She tried to say a prayer of forgiveness as she prayed the Lord's prayer because her heart was hard.

She had a vision of Jesus on the cross, using his last breath to forgive his persecutors; for the first time I was able to completely open myself to let him fill my heart with his power of forgiveness.

God's love flooded my soul and I forgave those who had sinned and continued to sin, in such unspeakable and unholy ways. The anger and hatred that had hardened my heart vanished, and I was overcome with a deep sense of peace. She would still face many dark days and doubts on the path toward an uncertain future, but I knew this journey would always be blessed if it was traveled with faith.

In one of her darkest hours after she was released and she walked among the dead she wanted only to die. All but one of her family was alive so "Please God, take me into your arms now. You have my loved ones with you already, so why do you want me to stay here in this ugly place? Why must I suffer trying to survive where it is so lonely; when my soul yearns to be with you? I am ready to come to you now. . Please take me.

Cold and tired she feel asleep where she heard an angelic voice :Stand up Immaculee. You are still alive and you need to move on.
Look for God in all things and don't despair when your heart aches.
God will always be there for you and you can ask him for any favor-with Him, all is possible. Now stand up."

She would pray daily "Thank You for breathing new life into my heart, Lord. Keep it clean, free from hatred, and always willing to forgive."

There will never be peace in our world until we learn to forgive one another. There will never be peace if our religion stirs up hate and revenge. I believe that we all our searching for some spiritual reality that brings meaning into out lives.

"Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work"
faith encourages me to look for the good in others and in all religions. I know I need to take time, sometimes just a few moments, to rest in the stillness of the unconditional love of Jesus.
We read the words of Jesus and some of them really speak to our hearts. But I believe if we could really hear the love and the conviction spoken by Jesus we would be able to put aside our petty differences.

Every child needs to be loved so that the love that God stamped on our hearts before we were born will nurture and strengthen us to love one another with humility and honesty. We need to keep believing that love can conquer evil. We do not understand the passion of hate that destroys lives and all I can trust is that the God who feels the pain of all our sufferings can also heal our wounded souls and restore hope!

We live in a country that has known peace; yet everyday the news tells us about death and violence. Neighbors do not really know each other and now we have even started to lock our doors. Our granchildren get annoyed if we do not.

No comments: