Saturday, December 10, 2022

THE BIRTH

                                                     I love receivingc cards or letters in the mail.

I have finished all the cards to the grandchildren.  Now I have to write a letter to send to my cousin Pat.  I felt sad to receie her letter telling me her sister Laura had passed away.  There seems to have been a lot of sad news this year,  

It is good to read abouit the birth of Jesus.  I think Mary would be like any new mom thrilled to hold this tiny little one in her arms.  I think a man wrote this story because a woman would have included things a woman would ask.  Was she in labour long?   Did a midwife come?  Who was here to catch the crying baby and wash her off?

One feels so inadequate when you realize this little one depends completely on you now,  My mom came to visit and I was happy to see her but when the baby cried I was the one who had to comfort him,

We love our children and do our best to care for their needs and to teach them about God's  love and send them to Sunday School.

We carry our children in our hearts and pray for them each day,

Birth is a miracle.  Inside each one of us is a life which will touch many other lives in different ways.

 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes not a lot of details on what Mary went through. I won a $500 travel voucher yesterday and so came home and booked our trip to Edmonton to go see Ella for her first birthday.

Sandra

Ken Bennett said...

The hot weather is over now it's rainy and cold. Rocky the dog has to go in for his shots so he can stay in the kennel after Christmas. Enjoy your dinner at Carol's.

Anonymous said...

Nice you won the voucher. Is Ella a new grandchild?

Catherine G said...

Very sweet reflections. But I had to laugh when you said the account of the birth of Jesus was obviously written by a man because of all the details he left out. :)