Thursday, December 29, 2022

DARK

It seemed to  me to get very dark very early today.  Spenser and I managed to get a good walk in before it started raining.

We just got home and Rick arrived to help separate the garbage into the blue box and two yellow bags.

It is a thankless task.  We appreciate Ricks's help. He also did our Thursday shopping at Shoppers.  

He left before lunch but we had lots of left overs so he did not need to worry about us.

I am spending a lot of time going through old letters and my papers.

I came across a letter from my brother telling about my phone call stopping them from leaving the house and getting in a serious accident.  They could have been caught in a big car pile up.  I had not remembered  this but I wonder if he has.

I met a friend at the park who told me he had set off the fire alarm by mistake.  To make matters worse he could not find the phone to tell them it was a false alarm.  He was very embarrassed when the fire men arrived.  

It makes me feel a little better to know others can do stupid things too.

Dad's nose is giving him pain now.  It looks awful. but it was good to get it done.

It is no use stressing over things we cannot control or change.



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I sure feel sympathy for Larry and the cancer surgery. I had the same thing. On my poor nose. The freezing was the worst. The recovery was a good two to three months. It is painful and so disfiguring. Feel better soonLarry. Did you have a plastic surgeon too?
Rick is such a big help to you. Good for you Rick. So many of my friends have adult children who never help them.
There are quite a few cottagers out skiing, skating, sliding and curling. Our local store sponsors a bonspiel tomorrow. For everyone. Kids too.
Fireworks too. It isn’t cold, -15, but you need to warm up.
We have a active community. It grew by 60% in6 years.
Have a lovely evening,
Love to you both,
Nancy