Tuesday, February 15, 2022

THE VOICE


                                                            Nature has a voice.

Years ago when I was very sick and probably dying I was all alone and lying on the chesterfield.  The sun was shining and the room was quiet.  I was feeling worn out and useless.  I prayed and asked God for help.

I had prayed for others but I did not often pray for myself.  I felt a peace.  I heard a voice.  It was not in my head but seemed to be from deep within my soul.  Maybe it was the first time I had been quiet and listened.  The name of the Dr. I had seen many many years before.  Dr. Horan.  I had not thought of him for years.  I did not want to go to see any more doctors.  No  No  NO.

I am thankful that when God speaks he repeats and repeats until you are forced to listen.  I remember walking slowly over to my family doctor feeling foolish to ask for a referral.  He was glad to give it to me.

Yes he was able to put me in the hospital and gave me every test known.  I was a celiac.  It took a long time to recover but I did.

Now old age has slowed me down.  I keep going a little ways slowly.  Everyone passes me.  The give me an encouraging smile.  I know where I am going!

Yes I know that I have been given the gift of being able to listen.  Walking is a time when I listen.

Our strengths change as we get older

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Good thing you had the energy to ask for help.

A lesson that we could all learn.

Sandra