Saturday, February 15, 2020

THE BATTLE


Life is a battle just to keep moving.



I think if I were to give a message to my children it would be to tell them life is a battle.  We are fortunate if we do not have to battle alone.

I think of Rick whose life started as a tubal pregnancy and some how he battled his way down to where he was meant to be.

I spent many years battling poor health until the right doctor came along in answer to my prayers.
I remember crying out to God saying I need help.  He answered me by giving me a name of the doctor, I had to act on what I believe I heard and ask my own doctor to refer me.

In our family we have all battled difficult situations.  Life seems unfair.  We do not know what our next move should be.

We want to find out the truth that will help us to have the courage to fight and persevere.

We battle the forces of crime that takes  away our feelings of security.
Anxiety and worry can take away our peace.

This year I battled panic attacks which would come out of nowhere.
I am happy to be doing better.

We battle  for justice for all which can only happen if we do the right and honest thing.

We have to do our part if we want to get rid of all the plastic which polluting our rivers and our oceans.

I often have battled with stories in the Bible until I read the words of Rob Bell.

"Discovering that justice is the thread that is woven into the fabric of Biblical history helps us to understand how our failure can affect others."

Justice is at the heart of the Ten Commandments.

Justice is the cry that the prophets loudly proclaimed.

Jesus proclaimed the need for the poor and the sick and the lost to find justice.

His words have the power to change us deep within our souls.

We become fighters who fight together as a family as a community and as a nation,

The Bible tells us to fight the good fight and run the race until the finish.

Live with truth and compassion and love and be bold when you need to be.
That for me means to say no and mean it!
Keep asking questions and demanding answers so the solution arrives.

Growing older and weaker is tough and seeing friends battle cancer and  mental issues along with failing health is not easy.

PERSEVERANCE  !  We all need it.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Gee, that does not sound all that much fun, spending a life battling.

It was a nice day out yesterday, that is great you were able to get out for a walk in watershed park. It must have been a while since you and dad have done that together.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I guess you are right. Sandra.

every battle makes us stronger
and we become winners!

Good we can always celebrate good times.

Love mon