Sunday, December 19, 2021

A LOVE STORY

Every Christmas we read the love story]
that has a message for each one of us,

A love story between two young people,
I think Joseph was a bit older
and Mary was very young,

It is also the love story of God's
 unconditional love for us,

I always loved Christmas Eve, the best,
It was a time of silent wonder,
A time to be thankful for each one in our family,
A time to prepare our hearts for this love to fill us with holiness and joy,
This year we are told to have small parties,
We do our best to follow the rules,

Early in the morning yesterday Sandra appeared at our door,
She wanted to make sure our driveway had gravel on it,
and the snow had been shoveled,

She also drove me to the store,
I find it hard to do a big shopping
so we did not have any extra food,

I was very thankful to have her presence with me,

Dad seems better today so hopefully je can drive me to get my hearing aids put in,
I think we are both thinking it is time
I hate having to admit I did not hear and he is tired of repeating it,

It is cold but the sidewalks are not icy,
Spenser was so funny today
on our way home he wanted to go up every drive way,

All our neighbors know us very well,

I am thankful dad has some one new to tell his stories to,

I love his stories,

Stories give our lives purpose and meaning,

I love the Christmas story too,








 

2 comments:

kim said...

Gramma you are such a good writer! Happy to hear Sandra was helping with the driveway and shopping. Grampa has many great stories. Good luck with hearing aids. Hamlet has 3 weeks off so we are having some nice family time together.
Love Kimberly

Ken Bennett said...

I had a feeling our hot water was about to die !!! I booked a replacement this afternoon. Guess what the hot water stopped this morning !!
Ken