Saturday, December 4, 2021

REASONS

We celebrate Christmas in different ways and for different reasons.

Today I started to dig out the Christmas decorations,  Playing a little Christmas music,
I read messages sent in our cards from last year.
A humbling experience,

I just finished my walk to the park when Sandra,  She has some good advice for dad and I,
We talked things over and then moved into the kitchen.  She got enough ingredients to make some muffins,  They smelled wonderful and were very tasty too,

On Monday Carol goes with me to see the hearing doctor.
I am having trouble putting them in,  Sandra showed me a way to do it that is helpful.

What are the reasons I celebrate the birth of Jesus?

A perfect gift wrapped not in paper but wrapped in the beauty of heavenly love,

This love lives in the hearts of believers,
It has the power to transform
sinners into saints
fear into faith
ugliness into beauty
weakness into strength
unforgiveness into forgiveness
sadness into joy
silence into songs of praise and worship
ignorance into truth

Hard hearts into compassionate hearts that are open to new life,
we are travelling a journey into the secret of the spiritual,
His love teaches us to feel the transforming power that is grace wrapped in truth,

Shepherds leave their flocks and fine worthiness
Angels sing the promises of good news,
Kings bow in his presence,

A holy experience for those who respond to the invitation,
Fear of the unknown leaves our anxious souls,
We have been found,
Se are free
We believe in a Love that never lets go of us,

Yes there are reasons to find the peace we are searching for,
The world is full of good people who help us to see and to believe,
 

  

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The question is did you keep the hearing aid in after I left and try to put it in on Sunday.

Sandra