Saturday, December 25, 2021

AN AWESOME DAY

we arrive,
where is Santa's sleigh?
A happy snowman out in the cold,
                             A good man with a shovel,  He even drove us home and did out walk,
Wow lots of candles.
Miss the warm roaring flames of a real fire,
                                                Beautiful table all set for breakfast,

One of the foster kitten tries to eat my pancakes,
They were delicious with whipped cream and strawberries,
Also bacon and eggs and Randy's special hash browns.
                                              I have been looking for my manger scene,
                                                      Sandra is taking them to Mary's home,
                                                     Looks very cold.
Sandra gets dressed to take Spenser for a walk to the park,
           
                                        Yes Spenser is in the picture,
                                                            Just a little tree this year,
                                               
Wow that is some hat

We enjoyed every moment  of our visit,
We were headed home for a nap before going to Carol and Panteli's,

The road from Chilliwack was too dangerous for driving,
So dinner is now changed for Sunday at noon,

I was pretty tired out,  My back was sore
and I was not walking too good,
But I try to be a good sport,

The phone rings and Hillary (the jam lady) phones,
Could she drove us off a turkey dinner,
That would be wonderful I said,

She packed it up very nicely and walked over with it with her Santa hat on,
The gravy and stuffing were separate so that was good,
Yes some chocolate cake for dad for desert,

I hung up the phone and Spenser and I walked next door,
Some one had been taken to the hospital,
It was her mom,
I invited her to eat with us as I knew there would be lots,
I keep for getting no one wants to go into a neighbor's house,

She a\was not alone her brother was there too,
They really appreciated the invite.

So we have another wonderful day ahead of us for to-morrow,

It has been an awesome day,







1 comment:

Sandra said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas, and spreading it out over an extra day seems reasonable.

We did not make supper as I just did not want to do anything.

I planned on cleaning all day today with Randy doubling so not home till tomorrow but now he called and his shifts have been canceled and he is on his way home.

Sandra