Tuesday, December 14, 2021

TRANSFORMATION


The snow transforms our drab earth.

When I woke this morning it was raining
then it turned to snow,
Spenser and I did walk around the block,
Dad drove out to find us but he was leaving just as I turned the corner,

I love the Christmas lights
they also transform our world,

My friend Carolyn died last week
and her funeral was today,
I did not plan to attend
I did not feel up to sitting in a church for hours,
The snow prevented us form driving,
She had lots of friends
and a large family,
I am sure there will be many interesting stories told about her life,

I have known of many sad things happening at this time of year,

I know from experience our lives can be transformed by love and by truth,

 

3 comments:

Catherine G said...

From your blog, I learned of Carolyn's cancer, and now I'm sorry she's died. I knew her well, for a short time. A very colourful character with a big heart. It sounds like she had a peaceful passing. And to have had a lot of friends and family is a gift.

Anonymous said...

Tuesday we had to take the kittens into the vet in Tsawwassen as 2 of them were sick. When I woke up it was raining but then it turned to snow but then in Tsawwassen it was rain again.

Two of the kittens are much better today but the third is now sick.

Mary's boyfriend Matt, his dad is doing very poorly and has been in hospital since the weekend. He is 93 and his body just seems to be shutting down. They chasse one issue and then another.

Mary's kids are back doing online school as the Covid cases are so bad in Kingston. She is going to be off work next week as the day care will shut down as well.

Randy has 3 people at his work come down with Covid, one of them Randy had been close to but we was wearing his mask.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I am sorry your friend passed away. But it is good she had lots of friends and family to attend the funeral.

Sometimes snow and some good sunshine are better than rain. But slipping on the ice and snow is the problem.

We have some snow here in Kamloops, but I am pretty much a hermit these days, except for unavoidable trips to the grocery store and medical appointments.

I am not feeling well, but work has a bunch of deadlines rushing up due to the end of the year coming, so I am trying to do my best. Friday is our last day until January and I hope my health will recover over the break somewhat. If not, then my doctor has said he will help with the paperwork for sick leave or disability or whatever might come next.

At the start of December I managed to get a Christmas Card in the mail to Kenny and Lucas ... the furthest away people. And sent one parcel to Leah and Craig with some Christmas gifts for Astrid and Ophelia (and a birthday present for Astrid, as she was born on Jan 1st). But otherwise I haven't done as much as I should in terms of mailing cards. Maybe this weekend I will rally a bit.

Love,

Rick