Tuesday, February 28, 2023

ANSWERS


                                                Lots more snow.

I do not think we have ever had snow on Carol's birthday before.  I smile when I think of that tiny black hair little one who brought us joy then and continues to bring us joy.

I woke up very early with a very painful throat.  I was worried when I realized I could not swallow.

I spit in a keenex as this was the only way I could cope.

Fortunately Rick suggested a cough candy and a pain pill.  This helped and even though it was painful I could swallow.

Rick took dad to get his x-ray and I was happy.  Then he came home and insisted I go to the doctor.  Since I was feeling better I refused.  But he did not take no for an answer.  The clinic we went to was all booked up but they made me an appointment for the next morning.

Hopefully we will get answers from dad's chest x-ray and my visit with the dotor.

I started feeling much better and enjoyed a walk in the snow with Spenser in the late afternoon.

1 comment:

Steady-as-rain said...

You left out Sandra's phone call.

Hopefully you won't have that extremely sore throat again this morning.

Carol's birthday and your reference to Carol's black hair at birth makes me think of Dad's story of how he came to look at Carol through the glass window of the nurseries they use to have at hospitals for new borns. And how a Chinese man was there too to look at his new baby and Dad and that man were looking at the wrong babies for several minutes until the nurseres straightened them out. I always liked that story.

Love,

Rick