Wednesday, October 16, 2019

HIDDEN


It is very easy to keep the truth hidden, and to deny our true feelings.

We all need to feel loved and accepted.  So why don't we?  Why do we think we have to be perfect?

Yesterday our day began to brighten up with a visit from Carol and Panteli.  It is easier to visit in small groups where everyone can be heard and we really listen to one another.  They came to meet Spenser but he just slept through their visit.

We had to pick up some new puppy food on Scott Road so we dropped in to the White Spot where we are greeted by one of our many favorite waitresses.  We sat by the window and so the wind blowing the leaves off the trees and piling up on the ground beneath where they lie like a colorful rug.

Early in the morning I had discover a nest of mice hidden in the bottom of the vacuum where the dirt collects.  What a shock when I went to empty it.  I took the container outside where mice belong.

I have been looking for a small spray bottle that dad uses to keep his eyes from getting too dry.  It remains hidden but I did find other things that had been missing.

We need to feel loved, to express all our deepest hidden feelings that remind us of our imperfections.

We are all very human, human beings!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

The nest of mice was in the bottom of what?
Poor little things, you took them out to die in the cold with no mom? Would have been kinder to just flush them down the toilet.
I am so glad that I have so many cats and kittens there any mouse would have one look around and warn every mouse with in miles not to come in our house.
The count down is on, a week to go.
Oh, and did I mention that Michael John has agreed to let us have the kids for halloween.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

It was in the bottom of the vacuum cleaner and I think the mom was there also.

We took it over to the park and emptied it in the bushes.

Sad.

Yes I knew aout Michael John agreeing to let the children go out on Hallow'een.

You will all have great fun!

Love
mom

Anonymous said...

Finding those mice must have been quite a surprise. Glad you gave them a new home ��. We will be down helping out with the children at Craig and Leah’s this weekend. Looking forward to seeing them at this exciting time in their lives.
Germaine

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, those little mice are probably glad to get out of there, I would think.

I am applying for a number of jobs all over BC, Prince Rupert, Invermere, Tofino, Prince George and so on. The Tsawwassen people decided to give the job to somebody else, which quite surprised me, as I thought I was very qualified and the interview went well, or so I thought, anyway.

Will be going up to the Williams Lake area to visit my good friend Leigh that I worked with at Skeetchestn Band way back when. Seeing how I have an unplanned little vacation, it makes sense to make use of it to visit old friends I haven't seen for 3 or 4 years.

Where did you get that Pierre Cardan pillow? I went to the Walmart in Kamloops, but they didn't seem to have any of that kind.

Very nice that Germaine and Willy are helping with the kids during the last weekend before the election on Monday. I'm sure Craig will be busy.

Love,

Rick


Love,

beth bennett said...

Rick I do not rememberwhere or when we got the pillows.

Please take them next time and if you feel better replace them
with others.

Good luck finding Your new job.

Enjoy your visiting a good idea.

Love mom

Shandel said...

Oh boy! Mice in the vacuum cleaner. Well I'm sure they will be much happier out doors and can find food and shelter no problem. They will adjust to the temps and be fine. I would have been startled for sure. One time I found a squirrel living in our bbq. We hadnt used it all winter and he decided to make a home. It took a few times of me opening the bbq to let him know he was being evicted and then he didnt come back. I was quite upset the other weekend here we found a neighbour set a trap to catch a squirrel that was trying to live in their parked car. It had a blue Jay in it and it was very distressed. Cameron let it out and I called fish and wild life. They went and spoke to the ppl and said that it was ok if they caught a squirrel and rehomed it to crown land. Well I dont agree and I made sure to watch that trap. Lol