Tuesday, October 1, 2019

TRUSTING

                                 "I am grateful to live in a trust that now shapes my life."

                                            "There is a rhythm to grace as we move through the years
                                             finding peace with all that remain unknown."  Mark Nepo

You really have to trust the medical profession when you are having a needle put into the corner of your eye.  That was the worst part of the exam at the eye doctors for dad.  Although the neck rest was also uncomfortable.  Lots of questions too but he was glad they were willing to more than just take notes they took a small piece to be sent away to be diagnosed.  There was a young lady doctor who was helping.

Thankfully it was not too painful last night.

We left there to go over and see if we could visit Vera.  Her son Henry was with her while her daughter was at the doctors.

Her face has taken on a radiance as she greeted us with a smile propped ed us in bed with a lot of pillows.  She seems very serene and peaceful and trusting in this last stage of her life. She was talking on the phone to a granddaughter when we arrived.

It was profoundly comforting for us to see her like this.

We are all facing the unknown but learning to trust is helpful.

Dad and I were up very early because we had gone to bed very early.

Spencer got up but he is wise he is going back to bed.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I am still training my brain to find peace in the unknown. Even better, trying to imagine wonderful things to still be ahead!

Randy and I have rented a house that is just down the road from Mary for when we go at Halloween. I figured we both, but Randy most of all can benefit from the chance to walk away from the chaos of 5 kids.

The kittens are starting to eat again and even gained a little weight overnight.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Very wise thing for you Wises to do!
Love mom

Anonymous said...

That is great that your friend Vera appreciated the visit. It is good to share joy, when you can.

Hope no bad news comes back from Dad's eye test.

I'm afraid I've gotten quite sick again. I went to the doctor mainly because of the mole on my back, and they are going to cut it off and send it to the lab. And as part preparing for that they did a back and chest x-ray on Friday. Then on Monday the doctor's office called back to say I have pneumonia. They faxed a prescription to the pharmacy, but that was it. So I am still basically going to work because it is easier than getting a doctor's note.

Anyway, I hope to figure out why every minor case of the sniffles turns into a major chest infection.

I probably won't be done your way until December.

Hope the little dog is behaving himself.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick I have been worried about you.

Dad thinks he is sending you messages about you do not answer
so I guess he is not.

That is not good except that you will be getting treatment for it.

Maybe you could do half days. Rest is very important.

Your immune system must be low.

We appreciate the trips you have made down here.

We will get the results of dad's eye test in a couple of weeks.

We have not been too energetic ourselves.

The dog is funny and we have a routine now.
I take him out in the morning
but he will only go out with dad in the evenning.

He walks slow so no problem for us,

Hope you startto feel better soon.

Love mom