Saturday, October 12, 2019

OPENNESS

I love the colors of the fall.

I was outside cutting the lawn, which is difficult for me to do now, but what I enjoy doing,  You see the results of your effort right away.  My neighbors across the way were also trimming and cutting.  

I have been taught that religion and politics are subject one does not talk about.  I had already asked two  neighbors if they would put a green sign on their lawn.  The first approach resulted in a very negative reply.  The second was easy because Natasha had expressed a willingness to do this.  I tried again with a reply they would think about it.


So this would be the last time and it was not easy but they agreed.  I am happy to see these other two signs.  I do not know how much signs affect our voting opinions.  I do know that it is a privileged to cast our votes.

I think it is wonderful that young people are speaking out.  One very young girl has made a big impact on creating an interest in the politics of her country.

It is easy to talk to people you know are open but when you do not know what they are thinking it is difficult.
We want honest and wise and compassionate  people to make the decisions that will effect our lives,
I also believe humility is important..

There is a spiritual truth that when we are open to a greater reality than our earthly existence   Openness to the goodness that surrounds us prepares us to face out future positively.

Knowledge is all about discovery and openness.  Finding a deeper reality and meaning to all of life.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

If no one ever talked about religion or politics how can we ever understand each other? If it was normal to do then we could do it with out personalizing someone elses opinions.

We talk about religion and politics often on my lunch break. We are all different and I think what makes seem to work is just asking why? Why does you think that, believe that.

If it gets more heated we change the subject, but it is just our small group that work together and I guess it is because we have a basic respect for each other that we can do this?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Respect is good.

Sounds like an interesting group Sandra

Love mom