Thursday, February 4, 2021

LEFT BEHIND

Yes Spenser and I were left behind
standing at the door watch dad and Sandra drive off.
I was thankful dad was being driven and would get
to his appointment on time.
Sandra had scouted out the route.
I did want to go too.

Yes all went well and dad sailed right through it all.
Meanwhile Ken was also at the doctor's getting an Ultra Sound.
They both will have to wait to get the results.

Spenser and I went for a walk but it had started to rain and it was cold and neither one of us enjoyed it, After a short rest I started reading but after I realized I had not remembered it at all.

I knew dad was worried before he left and I had absorbed some of that worry.  We do worry about what our future will be.  I was so happy to hear dad's cheerful voice when he was on the way home.  Dad was happy to have some sandwiches to eat on the way home.  This was Sandra's good idea.

We are not going to worry about the results
but just be happy to be together.

Thanks Ken reminding dad of the hockey game.  Too bad another loss.



 

4 comments:

Shandel said...

That is great to hear, and a good idea to have food ready right after. Wonderful to be in a cheerful mood. Today will complete my first week at my new job. Still loving it! Everyday is fun, and fast paced. Some of the lawyers are a bit intimidating, but the confidence builds over time as i get to know everything and everyone. Hope you guys have a nice weekend. We are in for a big deep freeze, Daisy is not overly impressed with having to wear her winter boots so often. We had gone most of the winter without having to put them on her at all. I try to tell her i agree because we have to wear ski pants and double layers, mitts and toques, but she doesnt seem to think its as awful as her boots. LOL silly dogs. She spotted a big white rabbit two times on our mini walk, that sure made her happy.

Anonymous said...

It makes such a difference having pleasant people there doing their job. I could hear them laughing and joking as I sat in the waiting room.

They did not want to let me come in at all and were very stern with me when I said I needed to be there. They made me put dad in a wheelchair, but other than that they left me alone.

I would not have been happy knowing that you were sitting alone in the car or out wandering a strange neighborhood on your own. I know the waiting at home is no fun, blame Covid.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, walking in the cold wind and rain is no fun.

As part of my occupational rehabilitation today I am supposed to do some cooking in the fake apartment they have here.

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

Now we wait for our results. The ultrasound guy couldn't find the hernia?? what does that mean? now that one saw it and the other didn't see it?? I still have my MRI on my knee to come.
Jasmine is playing her second basketball game this morning. She is doing well. ( i tell her I have basketball trophies at grammas house she doesn't believe me ) Today both parents can watch, it was only one because of covid. We had a cake for Melina's birthday yesterday and will go out to dinner tonight with the family. Japenese food. I have lost three kilos on my intermittent fasting, I'm doing 24 hours now, only eating dinner but i plan to extend that to two days if I can !!
ken