Wednesday, February 10, 2021

MUNDANE

"We take the mundane with us on the way to holiness".
Holiness means wholeness.

My day today was pretty ordinary.  A walk in the cold and windy morning.

It is wonderful to have exciting times like when Rick arrived here yesterday.  Probably a little two much excitement for him.  Today he has had some dizziness and he seems tired.  It did not help the girls came to clean.  They always do a good job and I really appreciate it.

Dad and he watched some of the impeachment trial.  I have a feeling most of the listeners have already formed an opinion and they will stick to it.  The pictures on the T.V. are powerful in the message they reveal, the anger hate their words and actions reveal.

Where is the compassion for those who are suffering in poverty and hopelessness with this Covid virus.

Carol was kind enough t drive me t White Rock for my eye appointment.  Pictures were taken of my eyes.  My eye surgery is set for March 29.

Supper was dining on left-overs and an omelet that dad cooked.

I have not found time to do my journaling but will have to try to make it a part of my day.



 

5 comments:

Shandel said...

Good luck with the eye surgery. We will be sending lots of good healing vibes. We are hoping our weather warms up, looks like maybe next week! Fingers crossed.

Sandra said...

I am glad the surgery is scheduled nice and soon. I went for a walk at work and it was very cold once that wind hit your face!

Randy is on graveyards and Missy was nice enough to wake me up and tell me he was gone at 12:30, and then decided to sleep on my head. She has never done that before and I have a sore neck this morning.

I lived through yesterday but had to take Ativan. I use it sparingly but some days are unbearable. I talk and talk to my self to try and talk my self out of the stress, and I think I might be a bit better.

I hope you guys have a good day.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear Rick is back with you. Just getting out, the trip home and getting settled can be tiring so I’m not surprised he has some dizziness but rest should take care of that. One day at a time.
Good news about your eye surgery. Will be good to get that done.
We are keeping warm by mostly staying in. It was -20 this morning in our desert community and has been all week. On a positive note, the sun is shining and it warms up to around -12 or -14 during the day.
Stay warm and healthy And take care of each other as always.
Germaine

Ken Bennett said...

going to the Vet today. Maloo chewed half of Rocky's ear off, now it's infected ??
ken

beth bennett said...

I THINK WE ALL NEED TO TAKE IT A DAY AT A TIME.

Sandra I think you too are on a healing journey.

Poor Maloo. Poor Ken.

Thanks Jermaine!

Love Mom