Wednesday, April 14, 2021

MOTIVATION

We are very low on motivation.
There is a lot to be done around the house and outside.
Neither one of us have the energy we would like to have,

Now I know what it is like to live with some one prone to falling.

Spenser and I had a shorter walk.  Much slower too.  We were late getting home so dad took the car to drive around and see if we needed to be rescued or if I had fallen.

After a rest I started cutting the front bit of grass.  Dad came out and finished it.
It was quiet so I wandered out to see what he was doing next.
I could not find him, in the house or in the yard or in the garage.  I was worried he may have fallen somewhere.

He was feeling very unsteady on his feet.

I started calling "hello".  He had crossed the street to visit with some new neighbors.  He did not hear me but they did.  

He did have a fall in the back yard just before Panteli arrived with supper.  We were very hungry and appreciated a good meal.  While we were eating we skyped Carol and Kim and Hamlet.  They were enjoying their time together.

Then on the next day Wed. we did not do much.  

The good thing is we just accept how it is and do what we can.  There is a calmness about doing little things more slowly.

I am trying to train my anxious mind to be peaceful and feel at peace with others and with God. 

A faith built on love endures.

 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Just puttering around is an ok way of doing things, after all is there REALLY that much that needs to be done?

Did Dad fall going down the step at the back door?

Sandra

Shandel said...

Things will eventually get done, you have lots of helping hands as well. I am waiting to hear if i get approval to have a week off in September for vacation. Cameron already received his confirmation. He has Sept 7-10 off. We are starting to get warmer weather. Sure feels good to have warm sun.

Ken Bennett said...

The Canucks are back playing tomorrow. I think they will lose by 10 goals. I went for a swim today. I have stopped losing weight. I need to fast more.
Ken