Monday, April 12, 2021

SUMMER

We had a real taste of summer today.
I took off my light jacket to feel the warmth.

Dad and I went for a drive and stopped for ice cream at McDonalds.
We have lots of family memories there.
We had Spenser with us so he could sit at the table with us outside.
I felt relaxed and my constant worry was forgotten.
I tell myself to think positive thoughts
So I am and then dad says he has to rush home to the bathroom.
I am thankful for the pleasant summer day and the promise of more to come.

I am thankful I love to read as it helps me not to worry so much.
Looking forward to a visit with Panteli to-morrow.
He is binging us something for supper.

We had a big lunch on leftovers today and so I felt we did not need much supper.
Dad asks did we have supper?
He wanted to try making pancakes again.
I suggested toast and some cold chicken.

Cathy phoned while we were out and I phoned back.
We enjoyed a happy conversation talking about dad's stories.

Rare quiet moments like eating ice dream outside are wonderful.


 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

It was a lovely day, though in the shade with a bit of wind still chilly.

I was hoping to get out into the garden a bit after I got home but after eating and going for our walk I had lost my motivation.

Sandra

Shandel said...

Rare quiet moments are really special.

Ken Bennett said...

We enjoyed a lovely BBQ dinner last night. Steak, Lamb, sausages, mashed potatoes, corn, and salad.
Don't know why I'm not losing weight.
ken