Wednesday, March 8, 2023

BEHIND


 Laura blamed the G.F. flour.  Her baking powder buns did not turn out so well,  Laura is verry good at doing many things.  She helped dad clean out the pond today.  This was after she went to pick up a new walker at the store, 

My old ones looks and sounds like it is on it's last legs.

When I walked around the pond this afternoon I went by two elderly East Indian men dozing on a bench.

They woke up went they heard me coming.   I told them I was very sorry but I really need my walker.  They smiled at me.  Did they understand?

Laura was late coming yesterday because her little puppy had eaten something and was very ill.  She had to take him to the vet.  Today it ate a card that was worth money, she had won.

At Boundary Park a lady told me her dog had eaten some magic mushrooms and was very sick.  I try to watch Spenser when we are out walking.

We have had two wonderful sunny days.  Still cold with some snow hanging around.

Dad sat out on the front steps with a warm jacket on and was joined  with an old friend.

I want to clean up the back yard.  I do a bit when I first get up,

I gave Laura a fright today when we were eating lunch and I started choking.  I know I have to eat smaller bits and also chew carefully.    I recovered but did not eat anything more.

I seem to be behind in a lot of things.Thankful  Rick will help with the garbage in the morning.,  We have boxes that need to be torn up.

We will need help buying a new fire place. The man that came destroyed the one we had.

In my life I have had burdens and also blessings.  I know this keeps me from the deadly sin of being self righteous.


1 comment:

Steady-as-rain said...

Choking on food can be very frightening, that's for sure.

We should find someone to look at the fireplace again.

I am getting a bunch done with my friend Roger on the Indigenous title research. Off to Victoria in April to go to the provincial archive.

Hopefully Dr. Nolte called back yesterday and will give you a presciption for the stomach reflux problem.

Love,

Rick