Thursday, March 23, 2023

NEWS


    One of Spensers favorite things to do is to climb on the back of his chair and look out the window.

So do you want the good news first or the bad news?

The good news is we had a good visit with Rick in the morning and enjoyed a delicious omlet.

Dad had a  quick visit  at the doctors.  He took at piece out of the sore in his back and is sending it away.  His doctor referred him to a cancer surgeon once they get the results back.  He will have a big cut out of his back.  

Dad is not too worried as this is what he expected.

We left the office and then went on to Shoppers.  We were loading up the car when I told dad I was going to take a quick visit to Save On Foods.  I was going to be supper careful to leave by the same front door.

The bad news was I left by the wrong door and go lost in the parking lot again.  I walked and walked and looked and looked.  I was so very tired.

Finally I realized I was looking in the wrong parking lot.  I started walking up and down the rows again.  I was feeling desperate.  Finally I found the car and what a relief.

Thankful Laura was here when we got home and she made us a coffee and a turkey sandwich.  I could feeel my stress level going down.

I feel I have learned my lesswon and I will never go there again.  I felt I did not pray because I felt so stupid.  It was my own fault.

I know I was not thinking right,  God loves to help us in all our situations.  He does not judge us the way we judge ourselves.  He knows we have our good days and our bad days,


3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

The exact same thing happened to me at that location. The exit door from the Save-on is very much oriented out a different way than the entrance. Like you I had to wander around for a fair bit before I worked it out where I was in relation to the building where Dad's doctor is located, the parked car and all that. It was disorienting.

It seems you left out the part of the story about getting someone to phone Dad.

Leah hasn't gotten back to me, but I feel the Sunday morning pancake thing is very likely to happen. Carol and Panteli might come as well. So I better buy another box of Bisquix (GF, of course)

Love,

Rick

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

Our journey to watch the Rugby could have gone better. We were late and the traffic was terrible. We were over an hour late so we decided to miss the game. We went out to dinner instead. We went to a Greek restaurant which was good.

Ken Bennett said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.