Thursday, March 16, 2023

SUNSHINE


                                                  BOUNDARY PARK                                                  

Yesterday we were delighted to have a visit from Cathy and Glen.  I need to ask Cathy about the book she has written and how to find it on Amazon.  Very exciting time!

Cathy and I have known each other for at least 30 years.

I can remember the many times we prayed together for ourselves and our families.

I know I often felt discouraged and overwhelmed.  Being a mother is never a easy task. 

 I have questioned God.  I need courage and compasion and wisdom.  I need his spirit to guide and teach me.  I have made mistakes but I wanted to do what was the loving thing even when it was so difficult.

Cathy's prayers have been a blessing and I am so thankful for all the help I have received from her kindness and grace,

Over the years we have made many awesome friends by attending church.

Today Rick came to take out our garbage.  We appreciate his thoughtfulness. 

Dad made some porridge for the two of them.

After he left we did some shopping at Shoppers and at the Safeway.  We were just getting a few things but the buggy soon filled up.  Thankfully it was not to busy.

Spenser and I walked around Boundary Park.  I think spring is just around the corner.  The water always looks beautiful and there are lots of ducks. swimming or hidding in these bushes.

To-morrow is St. Patrick's Day.  I do not have anything green, I hope we can think of something special to do.

3 comments:

Catherine G said...

Yes, Beth, our mutual friendship has been one of the great blessings of my life.
Church is a family, but occasionally we are also gifted a good friendship--like ours. God bless you.

Steady-as-rain said...

Nice photograph, Mom.

Lots of sunshine today, too, it seems.

Hope you used the $10 off coupon!

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

I am glad your weather has improved a bit. 37c and windy here, with very high fire danger. I spoke to my Real estate agent and I will be able to go on a month-to-month contract they will have to give me 60 days' notice to remove me. The property is owned by a DR who lives in London.