Saturday, June 13, 2015

IMPERFECTIONS

Nobody is perfect.
As long as we strive to be better,
Our imperfections are part of our journey.

How many times have I done something wrong and regretted it later?
How many times have I learned from this?  That is the important question.
It is important not to waste your mistakes but learn from them and hopefully become a better person.  I am talking to me of course.

Since Randy and Sandra have gone on this cholesterol lowering diet and they both look so good I thought I would also try to change my eating habits.  Right now I am trying not to eat sugar.  If I have one cookie a day it sure does taste good and I eat it very slowly.

Believe it or not dad has a little more energy and less pain than I do.  He trimmed some trees and went on a big bike ride.  We seemed to be taking turns to worry each other.  First I stopped in to see Gundy and was late getting back.  Then yesterday he stopped by Cathy and Jeff's new house and was late returning. 

By evening we were ready to sit side by side and watch hockey and then Heartbeat.

Afterwards as he started walking to bed he realize his feet were very sore again.  I am glad he is going to the doctor on Monday.

We all have questions about life's imperfection and the suffering we experience.

Christians have the example of Stephen, who was stoned to death and forgave and Jesus, dying on a cruel cross, and forgiving.  It is examples like these that enabled the Amish community to forgive the shooting of their precious children and also have compassion on the parents of the gunman.

These examples enable grace and love to flow out of evil and suffering.

This means trusting God in the good and in the difficult timed!

Happy Sunday Everyone!






6 comments:

Sandra said...

There is still hockey going on? I am surprised that people can stay interested in a season that lasts so long.

Went out last night with the girls. The show was not as good as the one we went to last year but still nice to get out. We took along the receptionist from my work, her husband just recently died of complications of alzhimers .

Sandra

beth bennett said...

That is fun to have a girl's night out.

Yes here it is summer all most and still hockey.

Mom

nancy-Lou said...

Imperfections......well one good thing about imperfections is that each of us have different imperfections...otherwise we could be in for big trouble! I guess that is one of the things that makes for a strong marriage.....what one is weak in the other is usually strong in and we are there for each to help and support each other.

I had a surprise visit from Carl's cousin Tirza Ateah, David's sister. She stopped in after church and brought me a large bouquet of cedar branches...they are filling the house with their beautiful scent...very healing scent. We had such a good time talking. She has a reverence for nature that I admire. She used to get up at dawn for many years and walk along the lake for an hour. Nowadays she goes later in the day. I think her arthritis has slowed her down a bit...not a lot, but a bit!
She said she is 83, and she certainly does not look it or act like it. She tramps through the bush still, picking berries and looking for things. Amazing lady.

Well I am going to watch PBS now and wish Larry's doctor can give him some relief from the pain he has to endure in his feet. Good luck, Larry.


Have a nice evening,

Love. Nancy

larry bennett said...

Yes Nancy we have met Tirza a few time, a very interesting lady! I think both our families are very lucky to live in such lovely, but totally different areas. Having each other to play back-up from time to time is real blessing!!

Anonymous said...

At work , late shift get home about 2am today ( flight delayed ) Melina not well , cold and flu . Kids all good though , all went to school today.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Sorry to hear about Melina. Miserable stuff. Hope she gets well soon.
love mom