Saturday, June 13, 2015

THE CHILL

I would not have been surprised to see frozen icicles hanging from the trees as I step out very early in the morning.  It was cold!  I rushed back in to put on a warmer sweater.  Dad and I could hear the wind blowing fiercely during the night and imagining all sorts of things flying around in our yard.  It gave us a chill even though we were already in bed.  We had not listened to the news or we would have been prepared.

I was surprised to see Dad in our bedroom, with several eye glasses on  and  looking through a microscope at a tiny little black speck he had found on his ear.  Just like the one on his face when he first woke up.  Whatever it was it was not a bug as it did not move and he had no bite marks on him and he did not feel itchy.  I decided I would wash all the bed clothes in the morning which I did.  The mystery was solved later as they have come off to headphones he puts on at night.

Dad felt like doing some tasks around the house as his feet felt a little better.

I mostly just chilled out for the day and did not feel much like cooking so I went down and stood in line with all the young kids to buy salad's at McDonald's.  They are not bad and neither of us felt like cooking and especially not cleaning up.

Dad and I watched soccer which we have been doing everyday lately.   Except for a rain storm in Edmonton, which only lasted about 30 minutes, the weather has been good.

BETHEDIFFERENCE!  !  !

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

You had a few " surprises" yesterday! Bad weather and specks! Well I would be worried about a black speck because that could be a deer tick and they carry Lyme Disease. I have had a couple of big black specks crawling on me a night and they were dog ticks, courtesy of Bella who sleeps on my bed. No matter how carefully I check her, she sometimes has a tick. Her coat is dense and curly.

It was good to hear that Larry's feet were feeling some better yesterday. Does he take a multi B vitamin....500mg would be really good for healthy nerves and less pain.

We are having unsettled weather with rainstorms, lightening and thunder.Strong gusty winds too. I will have to teach my art class indoors today. We are finishing our Lilacs painting and maybe a small sunset, beach scene.

I have an amazing crop of Lily of the Valley flowers this year. I braved the swarms of mosquitoes and picked a large bouquet last night....they are filling our home with their sweet scent. I will paint them later.

Wishing you both a good day,

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Randy and I were out walking in the wind, very noisy and lots of branches and leaves all over today.

I go out with the girls tonight, just not sure what the heck I am going to wear.

Any news on Treadle?