Saturday, June 6, 2015

UNEXPECTED

We were on our way to the beach for an evening drive.  The sun made everything come alive with beauty and I kept wanting to stop and take pictures.  As we slowed down dad discovered this path beside the road.  Being such adventurous people we decided to walk and see where it would lead.  It was a lovely stroll with a bit of warmth  from the sun and a gentle breeze.

Dad was advising me where to take pictures so I said why don't you get the other camera and in down so instead of opening the car he started the engine and all the doors looked surprising him.

By the time he came back I had taken many,  pictures. 

We heard a train in the distance and came across what we think was a bridge over the water for the train. 

We think this may be a good path to take with Haiti especially when it gets too hot to walk to the park.

We do not often do anything unexpected but it felt good when we did.

Today was a busy day in the back yard hosing down the patio and cleaning up the garden.

Nice to have a visit with Sandra sitting outside and just relaxing.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I just loved reading about your impromptu stroll down the road unknown! The photos are so beautiful....they make me want to come too! It is good to take the road less travelled sometimes! It looks like a cooler more sheltered walk for Haiti. I am going to have to take our dogs for walks earlier in the day now. The afternoon is just too hot for them and they haven't been shaved yet, so have wooly coats. Thanks for sharing your evening walk!

Today is a rainy day with some predicted thunderstorms. I love the rain and think it is one of the most wonderful gifts from God......it replenishes our wells and waters all the gardens...washes down all the dusty roads....we wouldn't "BE" without water.

It sounds like you had a good visit with Sandra....sitting outside enjoying nature. Evenings are magical here....at this time of year. There are so many different sounds to listen too. The various birds singing their evening song before bed and the call of the coyotes and wolves that is spine chilling. The Whippoorwill is back again singing just at dusk. He has been here as long as I remember...one generation after the other. We also have the owls...with their various hoots. I identify the owls by listening to their hoots on the internet. We have Great Grey and the Barred Owl as well as the very small Saw-Whet owl.

Well, I need to get hustling...I have an hour piano lesson with my student who is having her grade 5 exam with the Royal Conservatory on Wednesday this week. Then I have a two-hour painting lesson with two students....what a wonderful way to spend a rainy day! Our painting subject today is painting my lilacs...now all I need to figure out is.....how to pick them in torrential rain! haha.

Have a great day!

Love, Nancy


Anonymous said...

that sounds like a beautiful path. I hope you do take Haiti there. Nice to read about your last few days.
Carol