Friday, March 1, 2019

BEGIN

Sometimes we have to relive a painful past in order to really have a new beginning.  This is tough and one of the most difficult things I have had to do.  It is never easy for anyone of us.

I know that I have been confident and strong in many areas of my life but I also know I have struggled with insecurity,

To be a healthy family we all need to do some soul searching that heals and restores us.

There are many root causes of insecurity.
No one has had perfect parents.
There has been some instability in our childhood.
There may have been the abuse of anger, or even physical abuse.

A significant loss.
The loss of a grandchild at birth difficult for the mother.
The loss of an another  child only months old.
The loss of innocence.
Failures and rejection.
Abuse.

Change
The death of our parents.
A move away from friends and family.
Our children moving away.
Health problems in our bodies
Health problems that our children experience.

If I really want to begin a fresh I will deal with all the emotions of the past
and let healing come into my soul a little bit everyday, with the dawn of every new day.

I have gray hair and wrinkles but I need to value myself for who I have become.

Jesus knows it is scary to be a human being.
He was one of us!

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Reading what you shared about the abuse etc that you suffered, Beth, made me think of something that happened to me years ago.
I have been long over it, but I thought how wonderful that you shared your thoughts, which must be very difficult for you to do.
It opens the door to others who may never have talked about the abuse etc that they suffered. Good for you, Beth. it takes great inner strength to do this and you will hear from others that they too have gone through similar things.

I send you big hugs...can you feel the? BIG HUGS. Feel better soon.

That is a tiny little apartment for seniors, isn't it? Don't you wonder how you would fit all your things in there?

I am gradually moving some of my things to Kens house. I am taking very little...but some personal things and a bit of furniture and of course my art stuff and music and pianos.
His home is lovely and he has many nice things. We may sell his house too and build on property he owns, here at Victoria Beach or we may move to Vancouver Island. We will see. this is out first year together so there is time yet, to decide what to do, even though we are seniors.

My house has so much 'stuff' in it. I think I will have one big sale and just ask people what they want to pay and go from there. Sell really cheaply just to get rid of it. I will get my family to help out. Probably on the May long weekend...so I have to get moving!

I am really sick with a cold...so stuffed up and sneezing and coughing...have been for five days now. I volunteered to work at our Senior Scene setting up tables etc for a dinner dance and one of the ladies working in the kitchen with food said, I think I am getting a cold.....well I think mostly everyone working there that day got it too.

Poor Carol must be feeling miserable too. Feel better soon Carol.

Poor Sandra with shingles on both sides...I have never heard of that....gosh that must be so painful. I am sure they can give her pain meds....feel better soon Sandra. Be sure and ask for pain meds..

Well I have to clean my budgies cage. they are still living at my house because it is so blooming freezing outside and I cannot move them. Once the warmer weather arrives I can take them over to our home.

So have a great evening...think of all the positive and happy things in your life....I know...that is too easy to say and hard to do! But give it a try. You are loved by so many Beth and you bring such a bond to your family by writing your blog.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

NANCY
I do appreciate your comments and hearing about your new life.

Lots of decisions.

Thank you for the hugs sent with love I feel better all ready!

Love beth

Shandel said...

Thank you for sharing Grandma Beth.