Friday, March 15, 2019

LENT

                                                   Good bye snow!

                    A warm and sunny day promises to bring us even more days like this.

A tragic day with the gun violence in Christ Church New Zealand killing at least 49 people.  Our hearts are filled with despair and hopelessness.

"Returning hate for hate, anger with anger multiplies both hate and anger adding deeper darkness and sorrow."  Martin Luther King Jr.

Our day begins with this grim news and continues to be a bad day for dad with his stomach problems.

I drive over to the Seniors Home expecting Joan had returned but she will not be going back there.  I was disappointed.  I visited briefly with two other people and helped people who were lost find the way to the activity room.  I do not like driving and I have decided not to do any more visiting.  At least that is how I feel today.

"I really want to encourage you not to despair, not to lose faith, not to let
 go of God in your life, but stand in your sadness as one who believes she is deeply loved by God."
_  Henri J. Nouwen

Lent is a time for reflection and a time for forgiveness.
A time to be aware of our emotional vulnerability.
A time to be aware of the needs of others.

Love is the only force strong enough to transform these powerful emotions that have the power to destroy ourselves and others.

Lent is a time to embrace suffering by forgiving!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I am looking forward to having windows open today and letting the fresh air in. I did a bit of puttering in the garden but I was waiting for a man to show up and fix our stove top so did not get into it fully. Today I hope to get some good clean up done.

I guess you did not hear from Jayne? Randy is working Sunday probably so that is an option too.

Sandra



beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra I did hear from Jane.

Her husband Geog passed away Thursday evenning
and she is stayingat her cousin Elizabeth's house
for now.

She did not feel up to any visiting.

A sad time for the family but really a blessing
as his quakity of life was not good at all.

Love mom

Shandel said...

We are on a melt down with snow too. It feels so good to open windows and hear the birds chirping and squirrels chatting. The fresh air gives new life to our cats and helps to freshen the condo. We open them every day. I am surprised how fast the snow is melting as we had so much it feels like some days it will never leave Haha. Dramatic right?
Driving is stressful sometimes. I hope you find alternative transportation to visit as I know how much joy it brings you and others.