Saturday, March 16, 2019

THE WAY


                                 Yes we had a visit from Tavia and her two boys, Oliver and Atlin.

I was expecting to be on the way to visit Jane in West Van. with Sandra today.  Our plans were cancelled because her husband Geof passed away.  A sad time for all the family.  He was a wonderful man with a kind heart and a gentle soul.  We have missed our get together with them both.

Geof was a doctor in Surrey after finding his way here from England.
He loved boating and taking long walks and loved his family.
Delighting especially in watching his grand children play sports and performing in dance recitals.

His death was to be expected but still very sad.
Life is precious!  In life and death we are not alone.

We all our finding our way through our individual journeys.
We also share our way with others.
At times the way can be dark and sad but we will find new light ahead knowing we are loved.
Hurtful memories can be healed as we comfort one another and pray for one another.


Later in the day dad and I went for a drive and ending up visiting Carol and Panteli and Kim and Hamlet and Haiti!  A lovely warm day!

Spelling can be corrected if I take time to look over what I have written.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I guess the Jane called you back, or did you hear from someone else? Sorry that Geoff has died. At least you had a nice visit.

I got to work in the yard.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Jane called me back later in the day.
Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

So sorry to hear of Geoffs death. It is nice you have happy memories of the good times you shared together.

I am trying to type on my iPad I bed and it isn't working. Too hard.

Love
Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

Probably a relief for Jane, in a way. Both were very nice people, from my limited dealings with them.

Shandel said...

💖😞

beth bennett said...

Yes two very good friends.

Nice to see your comments.\\

Love mom