Tuesday, March 12, 2019

FAMILY

Family times are wonderful.  Good to see everyone recovering from their colds and hopefully Sandra's shinglels improve.  They are so painful.














A lot of work making supper for all us hungry people with diet problems like vegetarian and gluten free.  Kim ans I were the only two of gluten free so she made a tasty noodle dish as Carol had discovered gluten in the hamburger which was vegetarian.  We are a happy bunch enjoying all the good food and stimulating conversation.  It is good there is help with the clean up.

We ended up talking about self.help books which certainly have their place in enabling us to see where we have gone wrong and how we can change.       All relationships are important and misunderstandings can happen and need to be cleaned up too.

Healing can take time and hidden hurts happen to us all.

The highlight of the evenning was dad and I and Carol sent away our kits to find out about our long lost relatives.  Kim was good to get them for us and we are excited to find about more about our family history.

I now have to do my study lesson and looking forward to being with my friends.

My church friends have been like another family.


5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

You have piqued my interest with the genealogy kits...which countries are you and Larry from?

The largest percentage for me is Ireland ( where my Father was born in Belfast ) and England although I had quite a large percentage in eastern Europe as well...France and Germany.
Isn't it interesting to find all this info out?

Great photos of Kim and Ollie. How wonderful to have daughters that make you meals and invite you over for good family times as well. You are blessed Beth!

I am working in my new studio at Kens...it is finally taking shape with the warmer weather are less snow to get around. We brough some of the larger items now, such as my desk top computer and my large drafting table and chair and easels so I can work now..no excuses!
I will be able to teach some smaller art lessons here as well as all piano lessons..just have to get my piano moved here and tuned.
I will be teaching some plein air art classes too..right here in this lovely yard. The view overlooking the lake and Elk Island is so beautiful.

Bella, my little Schnoodle is never far away...she haunts me now and suffers from separation anxiety since we lost her brother, Max in November. She is such a sweet dog. she has lost weight and I am thinking losing her brother, to whom she was bonded and then moving from her house to here has been difficult for her. But she will be OK...we are close and I pay her lots of attention. she is 11 now.

I have three piano lessons to teach after school today so have to get dinner organized and Ken will do the cooking. it is wonderful to have a partner who helps with everything. I am so used to doing it all by myself.

We are going ice fishing on Saturday with my Son, Mark and his partner Shelley and a couple of their friends. A snowmobile ride over to Elk island and we will set up on the lake there...I have never fished, let alone ice fished so thhis will be a very new experience for me. Ken loves fishing and he has all the equipment so I will be trying something new at my age...wow. 74. Just one of many new things that are coming my way. Next is Kayaking and fishing...Ken has three kayaks and loves to fish from them too.

It is good to see you are getting out lots and I think feeling better Beth...I am very glad to hear that,

Have a wonderful day,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

NANCY
Moving and changing is exciting.

So happy for you both.

Yes we are indeed blessed.

Love beth

Sandra said...

OK, now I know I had posted a comment and it is not there. Spoke to Mary yesterday. She has been to the United Church just down the road from her new house a couple of times now. It sounds very similar to yours, all elderly people. They are the only ones with children there and so if they dont show up then there is no Sunday school. They even had dinner with the pastor when they ran into him at a restaurant, Mary said in nice and not as old as the parishioners.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Wow Sandra that is good news about Mary and Chad.

We love any children who come to our church.

I missed mymeeting on Wed. because dad fell off a ladder
and I thought I just stay home.

He lay down for a nap and so did I.

Love mom

Shandel said...

Yikes falling off the ladder must not have been fun! Is he ok? Hope so.
I love when people cook for me. Maybe I will have Cameron skilled with cooking by the time we are retired and he can cook for me lol