Tuesday, April 9, 2019

CHAOS

                                         Early morning sunshine promises a sunny day.

Monday we enjoyed a family dinner with Carol and Panteli and Kim and Ben.  A lively conversation did us a world of good.

Dad has a good day riding his bike in the Water Shed Park.  I attend my Bible Study at the church.  We all seem ready for a break.  I leave with two big bags for the Food Bank which we will deliver to-morrow.  We are always challenged to find hope in every situation.  Hope is the shape of the future that will guide us daily.

I am reading an article about chaos which seems to be very much in the politics's of today.

The newspaper lady arrives late and upset.  A car ran into a pole in front of her house and the power lines were down.  The police did not want her to drive her car out but she insisted she had a job to do.
She is a very determined lady and is always kind to us giving us extra papers.

It is junk week for our garbage and extra small trucks keep diving up and down our quiet streets.

On Sunday dad and I drove to White Rock to find my friend, Joan,  from Newton who was transferred there.  The street we were on ended in a dead end but a man walking by helped us find the way.  Joan was very happy to see me but it was sad for me to see how she is failing.

We may no like chaos but life does not always go smoothly and new ideas can evolve.
We discover what is important and worth making an effort to achieve.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

It is good to see she was so dedicated to her job, but being late for newspapers is not as bad as driving over downed power lines.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra She is a good driver.

Thanks for coming to the funeral with us.

Saved a big walk for dad and got us there in time.

Much apprecatted.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

You sure have great ‘kids’. That was so nice of Sandra to drive you to the funeral. I often see it being a problem forv older folks to walk to our church when there is a large gathering.

Are you making plans for Easter? I always made the huge dinner, but this year I am waiting fir an ‘invitation’ or will just have a small dinner with Ken.

I am purging my house, getting it ready to sell. What a huge job after 43 years there. Both as a business and a home. So much of Carl’s business has to go. Office and files. We will burn the files.
We are re doing the kitchen cabinets. Paint and re do the counters too.
I am giving away or selling 80% of my things. It is emotional too. Sitting looking at old photos no one would want and tossing them out. Same with the Chinaand cabinet. But it has GO. I am donating a lot to our local community centre. They have a huge rummage sale.
Ken and I may sell our properties and move to Vancouver island. We will fly out and look around soon. Inthe meantime my house will go on the market soon.

Have you been able to get out for a walk each day? I walk Bella three tones a day. I don’t have a fenced yard for her. Not like at my house. We bought a dog run and will assemble it this week. I will still take her fir walks. It is beautiful walking here, with the lake right there and Elk Idland where there is a huge Colby of various birds. They create a raucous noise each morning. Geese, pelicans, cormorants. Gulls. Excitement in the marsh.
I will it’s done photos on fb.
Have a great day.
Love Nancy.