Sunday, April 7, 2019

NAIVE

                          It is fantastic to be a part of a family where there is freedom to express yourself.
                                I need to be reminded to check if my lens is clean. 

I grew up in a different time with different values.  Tidy and clean.   Do not express your feelings.  My brother rebelled I did not. I  had to learn some difficult lessons about life.

I was naive thinking that people are basically good
No one wants to hurt you
The use of force was wrong.
I still like to think the best of people.

I realize now that because I was naive I was a perfect victim to be abused.

This has caused me to feel a great amount of anger
remembering  this trauma.  And grief was expressed as anger.
Anger can be a good emotion but it can frighten you also.

There is good and bad in all our hearts.

Speak your mind and demand respect.

I am finding a new role that is freeing me from the past.

"What once seem such a curse has become a blessing.
All the agony that threatened to destroy my life
now seems like fertile ground
for greater trust and truth, stronger hope and love!
Henri H Nouven

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That is interesting that you say you are finding a new role, you will have to elaborate on that.

I am playing cat midwife till I get too tired and go to bed. I can relax because every time I come into the room she is on the bed rather than in the closet where she should be.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes my new role is being more assertive
.
Asking for help more.

Sharing feelings more.

Love mom