Tuesday, April 16, 2019

NEIGHBORHOODS

                                      Driving home from Carol's and Penteli's on Monday,

Monday was a busy day for dad and I as we went to Joanne's house for a Block Watch party,  It was good to meet some new people in the neighborhood.  There has been some concern about some break ins and also kids doing drugs and lighting fires.  The police man encouraged every to report any things we see that may look suspicious.  His maun advice was to take responsibbility for our own properties by locking doors and cars. 

I thought Sandra lived in a safe neighborhood but Kim's car was vandalized in the front driveway.
The policeman also stated that there will always be prople driving through who will try to find some place to break into.  Very depressing for Kim.  Hamlet had things in the car which were also taken.

Dad and I are taking turns cutting the lawn and today was my turn.

We try to keep our yards up to the standard of the neighborhood.

Then dad drove downto the beach and we ate at theboathouse.  It was very quiet there and the service was excellent.
After we ate I dropped in to see Joan at her new Care Home.  She was very down but cheered up by the time I left.  The workers are so very kind and patient and as I left I remarked on this and this was very appreciated.

It seems Easter plans have been decided.  Sunday at Sandra and Randy's.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, the plan is dinner at Carol's on Saturday and lunch at my house on Sunday.
I do live in a safe neighborhood, it is because it is nice that thieves think it is worth their while to look for stuff in unlocked cars.

Our momma cat died last night. I am very sad and blaming my self for many things. The kittens have gone to be with another nursing cat to see if they will be accepted.


beth bennett said...

Sandra that is so sad.
Thins happen and we do not need to feel guilty.
We do our best.
Love mom