Saturday, April 6, 2019

PURPOSE

                                            Every life has a purpose.  Share your stories.

                                                Circumstances change and so can you.

We take risks when we marry and we take risks when we have children.  I would say that both of these take courage and the willingness to continue to grow and to change.  It is important to value the same things and be willing to make sacrifices because love is the goal and the purpose.

Last night, Friday we met Joanne and a new friend at the Greek restaurant to enjoy sharing stories and laughter.  Joanne is a friend I meet on my walks and she has told me a lot about her life.  She would like to share some of the painful lessons she has had.  She has done a lot of writing and we now have a binder full of stories to read.

I have looked back at myself at age fifteen and I was naive and gullible.  I was not a part of the wild crowd.  My friends and I all attended church and I sang in the choir.  I liked to think the best of people and I still do this today.

We have many lessons to learn but always expect others to respect you and listento you.




2 comments:

Sandra said...

I would think at 15 most of us would be pretty naive, and shouldn't that be a good thing? After all, in what kind of world would we want our young adolescences to be jaded, guarded and expecting bad things to happen/

Thank you for coming to dinner, sorry there was not that much variety.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks Sandra.
So true.
I think that what I am trying to do is find the new strength that is within
waiting to be expressed.
Dinner was wonderful. I ate too much.
You and Randy are a blessing in my life!
Lovemom