Sunday, March 21, 2021

BETTER


"Above all else we want to know what we can do to feel better."
Mark Epstein

It is another cold dreary wet day.
Spenser and I e]went out earlier before it started raining hard.
Trying not to let my thoughts become negative.
But they seem to come anyway.
Life seems uncertain at this moment in time.

Dad is having another bad morning.

I am thankful that Sandra came to visit yesterday to cheer us up.
She laughs at the way I walk.
It looks funny when she does it.

Dad went out and got us Chinese Food for supper.
We all enjoyed it.

We enjoyed watching the hockey.
It was a good game but too bad we did not win.
Every goal we get is exciting.
We watched a special on Salt Spring Island.
Then the day ended with Heartbeat.

Life at times seems unpredictable.

We all like surprises when they are happy ones.

I take my funny walking in my stride (ha ha)
I walk as much as I can and try to do as much as I can.
I know whee I am and where I am going.
I know how to get there.

There is a loving healing presence that goes with me.

 

 

5 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

I think your FUNNY walk gets worse when you are tired! Has Dad changed his diet? You may see on the news that there are floods in Australia, They are up north, we are not affected. IT is an amazing rain event.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes Ken I am getting tired sooner.

Dad sees no need to change his diet.

Those floods were awful.

Glad you are safe.

Love mom

Sandra said...

It was such a cold miserable day yesterday. We did more shopping for the bathroom Reno. First though joined Carol and Kimberly for a Zoom, Hamlet and Randy joined for a bit too.

Shawna Facetimed us with the boys and then a friend from Pilates called, had not talked to her in close to a couple of years. She works at a hospital in Bellingham and so takes Covid very seriously.

I made supper last night, not much but at least I did that, was feeling extra blah and would have been happy to stay in bed all day and eat cookies.

Sandra

Shandel said...

Maybe your funny walk makes you more unique! Hard to believe we are nearing the end of March. Next week I get to meet my new coworker. Looks like we get one more week of cooler weather and then more spring.

beth bennett said...

It is an effort on dreary days to get up for me too.

Dad now has his date for his M.R.I. It is March 30 at 8:20 at Richmond.

Dad is on the list for cancellations with Dr. Chang.

Love mom