Wednesday, March 3, 2021

HELPERS


Many people were helpful to me today,
Rick was very helpful creating the chicken rice dinner.
I started cooking the rice and the chicken
and Rick finished the end product.

When we arrived at the store I was trying to get out of my door in a hurry
especially as a man was waiting to get into his car,
Instead of getting annoyed with me he came and helped me out.
In the store I dropped several items I was carrying and a young boy helped me pick them up.

I found a book about Healing Food at my book place.
I know it will be a good help for dad and I to plan his meals.

I was packing our groceries  into our bag
and as soon as the girl said I was doing a good job I messed up.
She ended up helping me.

Supper turned out great.
Rick also went to the Safeway to get some things to make a salad.
Dad even ate some with his favorite dressing.

I am trying to be more accepting of the things that happen in my day.
Each moment a blessing in different ways.
 

 

3 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

Matthew has a swimming carnival today at school. He is participating in water polo. it is a long weekend for us here in Melbourne. We missed booking a hotel as they are all full ( down at the coast ) Sunday will be in the '30s, perfect weather.
Did Dad like the ice cream Rick bought him?
Ken

beth bennett said...

Hi Ken
We love to hear about the children.

It probably would have been good for you to get away,

Dad liked the ice cream.

His stomach has been up set today.

We just go day by day.

Love mom

Sandra said...

Did you take along your own helper, the pull along buggy to the grocery store?

Randy had to take his car in to the dealership and it would have cost over 3000 to fix but it was covered by warrantee.

I took this afternoon off from work as I had gotten as close to caught up as I have been in almost a year and a half and I just wanted to enjoy the moment.

I hear you got a prescription and will start tomorrow.

Dont forget to look at the whole day and even the day before when looking for the culprit for an upset stomach. Could be something as simple as extra cup of coffee, or forgetting to take the Metamucil or maybe stress from something. But take care of your self first as dad seems to want to take charge of himself right now.

Not much else happening way up here in the north, all the kids and grandkids just marching along doing same old same old.

Sandra