Sunday, March 14, 2021

EGO


 



 
                                                The ego, we all have, wants to be right.
                                                     The heart wants to be loving.

Dad had a bad night starting just as we were going to bed.  He would jump out of bed and run to the bathroom.  I had been feeling hopeful that he had turned the corner.  It was a tiring night for us both

I believe it may have been the Greek food and also some stress he is under.

I believe that all families have their disagreements.  That is the normal part of being human.

I feel that we need to stop listening to the false messages of our ego's and let out heart and soul speak.

We all carry some hidden emotions that have wounded our soul and broken our hearts.

I know from experience that pain that was buried can come to life again even more painfully.

We are in this place in our lives to work through any misunderstandings.  Not easy.  

How we talk to ourselves and to others is all important.

"Our personal past history cannot be changed but we have a choice to find the hidden inner strength to let go and let God heal and redeem and change our hurts that the ego refuses to let go of.  We have all failed and cause problems in our relationships. When we can see the pain of another that brings compassion and healing.

We all have to ask for forgiveness at times. 

5 comments:

Sandra said...

It would be strange to never disagree, it is all a matter of how we go about it that makes it healthy or not.

You do need to look at everything though that dad ate, not assume.

It seems to me you have to squarely look at something and acknowldge the truth before you can get to the forgiveness and letting go.

I hope your day improved and you had a good time at the garden center.

Sandra

Shandel said...

Completely agree Grandma. So much truth to this post. It can be really challenging to know what it is exactly that bothers Grandpa, unless the food intake is extremely strict and plain. When you start to add things back in, you can find the culprit, but it is suggested to go at least 30 days with eating bland and strict, to see if he can feel a difference. Stress most definitely can cause loose bowel movements. I hope Grandpa has a better day and night.

Client Strengths said...

How did I get so lucky to have such a wise Mom?

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, stress/anxiety can be part of things. Maybe we have overlooked that.

Yes, we all need forgiveness at times.

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

I saw the surgeon re my knee. He can operate for $6000.00 OR I can wait and go public and the wait is up to a year. In the meantime I am concentrating on losing weight and exercise as best I can. He gave me some super anti-inflammatory tablets to take after exercise.
Ken