Wednesday, April 6, 2022

FASTER

Every day seems to be going by faster and faster.

It has been a long time since we last visited dad's  grannie's grave.  We drove there on Sunday.  

We think about her life and how much she loved your dad.  Her too sons died in the war and she was very brave in carrying on her life moving out here to Vancouver.  Dad took care of her in the last days of her life.  She moved into the Nursing home he built before moving into a place where she needed more care.

After we were at the grave yard we went for supper with Carol and Pamtlei 


It was a warm day but it soon cooled off and it was good to sit by the fire. We enjoyed a delicious meal with G.F. garlic toast and chocolate cake also G.F.  Carol has one more C.T. scan before they decide what to do next.  She may just be like dad and they will watch to see what develops.  She is feeling good and looking forward to visiting Kim and Hamlet and baby Alba as they have a holiday together in Mexico.

I am hoping and praying for them to both heal and enjoy many holidays and fun times together.  Praying also for Rick for his health to improve.  Sometimes strokes take a long time and this can be frustrating as well as depressing.

I believe that he and Ken will find new ways to cope with life and some of the changes that have come their way.  

I know that having a belief that we can be empower by a high power can save and  restore our faith in life.  We have a loving family . and God loves us with an unconditional love.

I have just come home from the dentist.  Part of my tooth broke off.  I dread going but it went well and now I can relax.

My final thought is that life sometimes takes us in new directions and there awaits new hopes and new purpose as we start on this journey.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I had commented already, I guess I did not post it.
I was wondering if I need to book an appointment to come and use your washer and dryer.
Ours is unhooked now and so I either find a laundry mat near us or use yours.
Randy is getting a little bit excited for the renovation now, he could not understand my vision before and doubted its value.
The big question will be if we get it done in time.
Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I'm glad the dentist was able to deal with your broken tooth pretty quickly and easily.

I have been to Granny's grave for quite a while. But I did find it once.

One day at a time here in Kamloops. Just trying to lower my expectations to just getting the basic things done. Don't want to go back into hospital, if I can help it.

Dad will probably be needing more help pretty soon.

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

Make sure you watch the Melbourne F1 GP from Melbourne. Hobey and Brittany will be there.
Ken