Sunday, April 10, 2022

SURVIVAL

Yes we all survived.

I could have done better.  I was not sure what the plans were.  I knew Sandra and Randy were bringing clothes over to put in the dryer.  I knew Carol l and Theresa and Morgan were stopping in on the way home from town.  I did not feed any them.  Sorry Sandra and Randy left hungry. 

The truth is that I have a little bit of energy  in the morning but the rest of the day I rest and read and do a little here and there if I feel like it.  We could have done things differently.  Sandra and I could have gone to the store and picked up food.  I was happy just to have a happy time with no fuss or muss.

I did enjoy seeing everyone.  If you want a cup of tea put the kettle on!  

The interesting thing is the duck is back in the neighborhood.   She was sitting on the car hood at our neighbor's car.  Then off she goes.

Last night I had a bad night.  I swallowed a big fat pill but it did not go down.  It got stuck in my throat.  It finally went down but it had damaged my throat and the pain got worse and worse.  I tried to sleep but finally got up and put a bag of peas on my throat.  That really helped.  I can still feel a lump this morning.

I am thankful I can swallow.

I am going to have a restful day but I start as usual walking  Spenser.

Our dog walker is starting to walk Spenser in the evening again.  It has been fun walking Spenser at the pond.  I love meeting new people and Spenser loves meeting new dogs.

Happy Sunday all.  I will read about Jesus walking with the guys who did not know him but when they realized who he was they were amazed.  

The amazing thing about Jesus is he  comes to visit and walk with us every day and is a healing presence. 

Jesus survived!  












 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

No worries, we had planned on feeding everyone but then you all had all had an early dinner.
There were no hard and fast plans so no real expectations.
Sorry it seems like our visits focus more on what you are doing wrong than what you are doing right.
I think you and dad are both managing your lives very well.
Could some things be better, sure, but could be a lot worse too!
Thanks for letting us use your dryer.
Sandra

Shandel said...

Sounds like lovely days. Doing the best we can is enough for sure. Some days we have to do a little more. We are tired nearly every day. Work is so busy and I have the opportunity to get some extra hours each day and then come home and work on the condo move and prepping. We think we will be ready to paint this Easter long weekend.
Fingers crossed it works out.

Steady-as-rain said...

That is a dreadful story about the pill getting stuck!

I am running down, getting a bit worse every day. Went to the lab for a blood test today. That will be it until tomorrow now.

Yes, I watched Heartbeat on Saturday night. It will be another few years before "Peggy" shows up as David's aunt. Phil and Gina will be having their first romance soon.

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

I had a nice breakfast with Brittany and partner Cade. jasmine did not make it, too early for her. The city was packed with race car fans. We were lucky to get into a cafe, there was about 40 mins waiting to get in as we left. Luna the puppy is on heat again. The big dogs are going crazy. Maloo kept Melina up for the second night in a row. She is very tired and grumpy!!! I think she is going to take Luna to her mother's house tonight. Still looking for a house to rent. I hope you learned a lesson re big pills, maybe break them in half.

Ken