Monday, April 4, 2022

START


 One minute it starts to feel like spring.  Then the next day it is cold and feels like winter.  Last night the wind was blowing in noisy gusts against our windows.

I like to think that each new day can start with promise.

I have been feeling worried about my best friend Jane.  I was starting to make plans to visit her so gave her a call first.  She has had a nasty fall and is taking things easy.  I will phone again next week.  She says her room is big enough for 8 people.  It has been a long time since we have seen each other.

Dad and I were talking about what to have for supper when our friend Hilary phoned to say she had made a big batch of spaghetti  would we like some.  Next thing I knew she was at the door with everything packaged with the sauce on top and noodles below.  So I could just eat the top and dad enjoyed both top and bottom.  She is full of energy and so happy to do this for us.

I am thankful for all my past experiences that teach me to make a fresh start every day.

How was the electric bike started.  It was started by Mr. Honda when he could get the gas to drive his car to the store. Others wanted  to own one of theses. He started a new trend that grew into a big business.

Thankful dad is feeling much better today but we learned that forgetting to take his pills has an affect on  his health.  There is a reson he needs these digestive pills.

Many lessons are learned the hard way.

Every day is a new start.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

We have started, I mean really started on the renovations as the contractor showed up finally. Even though I had made start, it didn't really feel real until now. They got the walls down and it looks so much bigger.
Randy and I feeling better, our tummy troubles quickly passed.
Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

I posted a comment but it disappeared. Darn. Will try later.
Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

The hard way is the only way to learn lessons, it seems.

There are gluten free pasta noodles you can get and in the cupboard for occassions like this. No much fun for you to just eat the pasta sauce.

My doctor says I did not have a second stroke, so that is good news. Some other sort of thing was seen in my brain, but minor, apparently.

I hope you get to connect with Jane soon.

Too bad Nancy-Lou's comment disappeared. I hate it when that happens. She always has interesting stories to tell.

I went to the hospital today for a breathing test this morning. But we had to stop it right away as I got extremely dizzy. This was the third time this had happened. Luckily the technician lady agreed with me that there seems little point in trying to do this test again.

Hopefully, Spring will be fully in force soon.

Love,


Rick

Ken Bennett said...

Hobey is down from Brisbane to watch the F1 Grand Prix. I drove him into town on arrival yesterday. Today we are doing lunch as the cars start in earnest tomorrow.
MOVING ....ugh ..we have so much crap to get rid of, papers, letters, reports.WHERE to start!!
Ken

Shandel said...

Very important to take the medicine correctly. I hope grandpa continues to feel better. We have spring and then winter back and forth. Heard it could be -15c on Monday after we just had +20c on Friday. It was so windy here last night and today.