Friday, April 15, 2022

GOOD FRIDAY


                                                   

I have never felt the pain of Good Friday as I have done this morning.  It was always a day we went to church and also joined with other churches.  The church would be dark and the mood sober and quiet.

I find it hard to believe it is Good Friday.  The news paper does not inform me.  I have to ask google if it is really Good Friday.  A day to be aware of the sadness that feels the emptiness of the separation from Jesus.

The words Jesus spoke on the cross "My God, my God why have you deserted me?"  When life becomes too painful this is the cry of our hearts.  The world seems full of fear that darkens our faith.  There is so much suffering and killing and destruction.

One needs a strong faith that trusts that light shines even in our souls when our feelings of hopelessness and grief over whelm us.  

I feel alone.  

Jesus went to a lonely place to pray and that is what I need to do now.

God's presence is felt in our times of darkness.  

His death opens the door to a new life filled with the Holy Spirit.

We are not alone.  

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, I wasn't sure it was good Friday either.

Bit of a headache today.

Love

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

We had a relaxing good Friday. Melina made focaccia which we could only eat with cheese as meat is forbidden. I made two appointments to see rental properties. My bank came back to me a said I could only get a 150K MORTGAGE. Not very helpful.
Ken

Sandra said...

That is a rather gloomy blog. Life is very tops turvy now and everything seems off kilter. Something as simple as being back to a routine of going to church on a Sunday might be helpful. Why do you and Dad not do that?
Sandra

Catherine G said...

Amen, Beth. Bless you, and Happy Easter.