Wednesday, October 12, 2022

A NEW DAY


                                                  YES I am thankful for a new day.

I was very worried know Rick is loading and driving and unloading boxes,  He is driving from Kamloops to Carol and Penteli's house in Delta.  Then over to Leah and Craig and then back home to Kamloops.  I know he is determined so that will give him strength and courage to do it.  I have him on my heart and mind all day,

I was very worried when the bank gave me a list of transactions going on in my account when it was supposed to be closed down.  I said no I had not done these things and she suggested my partner had.

The answer was to go get a current statement which would show what was what.  She was wrong.

I am trying not to let a little mouse frighten me so much, he came back last night,

I have found that prayer helps to calm my fears,

4 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

I know how you feel mom, I have a foot-long possum hanging around. He or she was in my gutter the other night, hopefully not looking to nest. I am scared of the big rat-looking thing with a long scally tail. ugh
We are under a flood watch, and many rivers are overflowing. The little creek at Melina's is a raging torrent. Rocky goes out in the rain for a few minutes, just long enough for him to get wet and stinky!! Boots the cat chases the possum away, good cat.

Sandra said...

Well, at least there is no snow on the road or pouring rain, so could have been a lot worse for Ricky, but a very long and tiring day for sure.
It is our anniversary today, 20 years.
Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I was mostly resting yesterday. The trip on Tuesday was very tiring, but Pentali offered to assist with unloading the boxes of books and kitchen stuff that was going into storage at Tsawwassen mini-storage. That made a big difference. The pick-up truck was quite high and both Panteli and I felt in our knees when we were clambering up and done.

Craig and I wrestled the lovely wooden table into their building and into the elevator. I am glad I was able to keep that in the family. Reminded me of when they moved in there 6 or 7 years ago.

I think the inhaler I have started using has made me feel better. Has not helped my balance, though. Steroid of some sort.

Things went smoothly except at the end of the day when I accidently ended up on the Fraser bridge heading into Richmond went I really wanted to be headed back towards Hope! Oh well. Got home around 10 pm. Exhausted but sort of grimly pleased that I had managed to do it. I won't be back down now until October 20th, when the moving truck will show up at Carol and Panteli's place!

You are lucky if you could convince the bank that they made a mistake!

Mice are very annoying, I agree.

Now back to do some more packing. Have to be ahead of the game as I can't work a long night just before the mover arrive. I have it all done by next Monday. More stuff to go to Value Village. Lots of clothes and so on.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Well done Rick. That would be exhausting. The drive alone let alone all the lifting etc. Moving is so darn hard! But soon you will be all settled! Nice thst you will be near family.