Friday, October 28, 2022

QUIET


                                                  All is quiet this morning, no windy wind and rain.

Yesterday we enjoyed a visit with Rick.  I learned more about the past history of Canada as he shared the book he and his friend are working on.  It is good to have a goal to work towards.  It will be an interesting story.

I enjoyed getting together with my friends from Colebrook on Wed.  Just looking at thesehappy faces is a blessing.  We have four new comers and more may join as it is the way to keep in touch with our old friends.  We may become a church!

Rick also went shopping for us.  I needed GF flour.  I got ambitious and tried baking some cookies.  Without a recepie I did not do too well.  Laura will make a banana loaf today.  She is a good cook.  I will try again.  I got discouraged as I spilled flour all over the floor.

Dad had a very long sleep after Rick left.  He was only up an hour and then he was back to bed.  He has a nasty cough so I do not thibnk it is a good idea to be lying in bed so much.

So I enjoy the quiet of the morning as I think about our day ahead of us.  Always make plans to get us going,

It is good to feel loved and appreciated.

Yesterday the afternoon wind nearly me over.  Jan and Erick were watching and Eric came out with his dog to join me.  I was having trouble as I only had my cane  My walker was locked up in the back of the car. I did not know where the keys where.  I do much better with my walker.

It is good when people like to help you.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I think the power was off over at our house for a couple of hours, does not sound like yours was.

Ken Bennett said...

Sounds very windy. We are still very wet here.