Tuesday, October 4, 2022

FRINDSHIPS

God who filled our hearts with his love brought .Cathy and I together.

What a blessing this friendship has been.



 Many years ago we Dad and I volunteered to work at the nursery at the Vineyard church.  It was something we could do together to contribute to the life of the church.  We would become very fond of one little two year old and gradually become friends with her mom.  Her name was Tavia.

Her mom Cathy and I became good friends we shared our love for Jesus and our desire to become stronger in our faith.  We shared our problems and our deepest emotional needs as we prayed for each other.

I would go to her little old fashioned house in the woods to look after the family of five and give her a break.  She would spend the time studying.

Yesterday Tavia, a young mother herself came over to help us do some gardening.  Dad and I sit in lawn chairs and watch her attack the big butterfly tree.  It has grown huge and Panteli and Sandra have  cut off all the dead branches.  Cutting them up and putting them in brown bags is a lot of work.

Tavis comes over to prune the tree and put all the branches in more and more brown bags.

She has the knowledge needed as she has taken courses in gardening.  I have been amazed at the hard workers they all were,

Dad and Tavia have become good friends.


If I find my camera I will put pictures on.






































































































Chathy and I had I had many good visits at her home in the woods  We shared our faith and our desire to become stronger  believers .We prayed for each other and still do today.









2 comments:

Sandra said...

So are you able to get the pictures off your new camera now? Did Tavia not like what Panteli had done to the butterfly bush?

Catherine G said...

Yes, the relationship with you and Larry has been beautiful. Thank you for being part of our lives.