Sunday, April 23, 2023


 This is the church we went to for many many years.

IT cahanged my life by giving me the confidence to take on leadership roles.

I got to sing in the choir!

Larry was involved in Outreach.  Carol and Larry and I all taught Sunday schol.  Oliver and Theresa and Kim were baptixed there.

Oliver was baby Jesus and Carol and Ron played Mary and Joseph beautifully.

Sandra help look after the babies in the nursury,

We all enjoyed the Harvest Fall Turkey dinner.  Ron tok on the job of cooking the turkeys.

I was thinking of church and about the rejection Jesus had when he went back to his synagouge,

His message frightened them and they did not want to believe it.  How could this simple plain man be the chosen one?  He was just like one of them except he had the divine power to heal and cast out demons.

The worst thing about church is if it teaches we are holier than others.  We can become too religious and we are obnoxious and rude,

The best thing is we can go there to learn and to be part of a community.  I have not been to church for awhile and it is about time I went again.  Where?  The old church is now a school.

Church is meant to help us grow spiritually becoming more aware of the needs of others especially the poor and down trodden.  

Humility and compassion are the strengths we need to grow.  As well as generosity,

Yes Ken I am enjoying the D.V.D's.  I forgot to mention you played the drums at church and Rick when to youth group with our cool long haired minister.  Jack rode a bychle into church one day to relate to the story of Jesus riging a donkey.  Jack became involved in drama after he left church,

4 comments:

Sandra said...

They have a fence around the church, that doesn't look very nice. You forgot to mention I helped with the babies and the harvest dinners as well.

Shandel said...

Hope your face and tooth are feeling much better? We looked at several homes and put a couple offers out but nothing came from it. We decided not to counter the offer, but rather keep looking. Fingers crossed this is the week!! It is cooler here for our start to spring as well. Not much rain. But it did try to snow.

Ken Bennett said...

Rev Jack Hooper came to my school to speak at my world religions class.
Sore throats are still around. I am taking Jasmine to get new eyelashes put on, $180, which I just found out . This will be the last time if I have anything to say about it.

Anonymous said...

The wire fence sure spoils the whole experience