Monday, April 24, 2023

JOURNEY


 I seem to be taking a journey back in time.  This is our old United Church in Tsawwassen.

We drove there yesterday and had a wonderful visit with Carol and Panteli and Rick.  

We had a delicios lunch that Carol made.  I hope it was not too much for her as she is still recovering from her bad cold.

AS we get older it takes longer to recover.  Rick is still recovering from his stroke.  

I have very good memories of our time in Tsawwassen especially a this church were I met my best friend Dorothy Wells.  We had great times together, like the time dad bought me a car and she went out driving with me.  We laughed at my mistakes.  She was a blessing that helped me cope with undiagnosed celiac.  It was on the couch there I felt God tell me to go see the dpctor who would finally diagnose me,  It took a long time for me to recover but the burden of not knowing had been lifted.

We both joined a Bible study group with some Baptist ladies.  Boy they sure know their Bibles.

WE also visited Dad.s grandmothers grave.  We made her last few years of life better by spending time with her and having her over for Christmas etc.  I likeed hearing her stories from her past.

Life is a journey and today I will be going to the blood clinic.  Thankful Sandra found a clinic I could go to,  I hope to find out if my iron is low and is casing my fatique.

My journey od faith has been a foundation to help me cope with illness and some sadness.  

I feel very blessed.

Sorry Sandra I could not remember what you did so I am glad you memtioned it.  You were a good help with the babies and with the dinner.  That Harvest dinner was the best!

1 comment:

Ken Bennett said...

I spent the day with Jasmine yesterday. We went for lunch after her eyelash appointment. Then we did some shopping and then went to look at our old house.
Today is ANZAC DAY a public holiday where we remember the fallen from all the wars.