Monday, April 3, 2023

THE GIRLS



      What a nice surprise to have Theresa and Morgan join us for supper.

It has been a while since we last saw them.  They all looked great.  We often find ourselves thinking of them and wondering how they are doing.

Morgan had been visiting on Salt Springs with Ron and Dona.  Theresa picked her up at the ferries.

Theresa loves her job with the people who run city Hall in Chillowack.  Everyone seems to be doing well.

After our visit with them we started talking about church and about Jesus why he came and why did he have to die.

One thi I learned was everyone has their own opinion.     

I do not claim to have a perfect understanding of God but I believe that there is purpose in all that happened.  There are times when I sense the presence of Jesus but at times I cannot.  Belief and unbelief co-exist if we are honest.

Often it is in times of anxity that I find my faith becoming stronger,  I have no answers to what I need to do but I am trusting God to work in my heart and soul and when I do that I feel a peacce.


4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

That is a good photo of Carol, Theresa, and Morgan.

I won't forget to come by this Thursday at 7:30 am to help with the garbage and re-cycling.

I don't believe that Jesus rose from the dead. I don't believe that faith in the resurrection of Jesus is the only route to salvation. I don't believe in the concept of the trinity. All of these things strike me to be pagan and essentially superstitious in nature.

Jesus, like John the Baptist, believed in the imminent arrival of the Kingdom of God. This is the first thing that Jesus is recorded as saying in Mark, the first Gospel to be written, about 30 years after the death of Jesus. All the rest were written much later, largely to convince Jews to come along for the ride on the Jesus movement training. Believing the Kingdom of God, the arrival of the Son of Man, is close at hand means, we can safely assume, that you live your life with a feeling of righteous intensity, and it seems he did. Most of the rest of the clutter comes from Paul. Lots of good in what Paul said, if you strip away the weak references to Isiah and the superstitious bits. Paul doesn't refer to the Christmas nonsense about Jesus being born in Bethlehem, so that is good.

My toe is better, but still twinges now and then.

Getting ready for my trip to Victoria on April 11th to visit the archives there. Studying lots about the Methodist Church in Canada in the late 19th and early 20th century.

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

Nice to see the girls pay you a visit. Good Friday here . Nonna is making squid pasta for lunch. Melina and I will probably eat salmon.

Shandel said...

Beautiful!!!! How fun for Morgan to spend time on Salt Spring. I am catching up on your blog. How are the books going? A few of those titles caught my eye.

Sandra said...

Randy and I got another booster vaccine, have you and dad gotten an invitation to get yours?

Sandra