Thursday, October 28, 2021

PLEASANT


A pleasant day.
Early morning short walk.
Lorna comes and fixes our T.V. remote so batteries can be put in.

In the afternoon I am picked up by Joan and we drive over to Ken's house.
Our group is meeting for Bible study.
Our study was about Elizabeth and Mary.
Both chosen to carry special babies in their womb.
I feel blessed to have a relationship with all these dear women.
We have studied and share our experiences together for over 30 years.
We are a jolly group who laugh as we share our dreams of future hopes.
We read and bring light from ancient scripture into our daily lives.



Ken has a huge room full of windows that look out onto the back yard full of trees.  There are posters and articles from the fifties.  It is a pleasant room.
We plan to meet once a month.
We gather around a very long table with lots of space between.
I am very tired by the time I return home.
t takes energy to be with a group of people.

Dad had a restful time at home and then drove over to the library.

Today we go to Shopper's Drug Store.
It is Thursday Senior's discount day.

We look forward to supper with Carol and Panteli at their home.

                                      "When one of us shines we all shine and are blessed.   -Moira Rose

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There must have been a lot to talk about as it must have been a long time since you actually all met in person.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, it does take a lot of energy to be in a group of people. Absolutely. That is one thing that wipes me out these days.

I have to get my snow tires out of the shed as the dealership is putting them on my car on Saturday. That will be a bit of strain but I can do it one tire every hour, if I want to, and rest in between. That might be a good idea.

Glad you got the remote control for the TV fixed.

Blister packs are a very good idea. Please listen to Sandra (and not just about blister packs)

That is too bad about Jasmine needs to do the 14 day quarantine. I am glad I got the vaccination shots, but now they say you need a booster.

I haven't started my staring-at-the-wall exercises for my inner ear yet, but I will soon.

Hope all is well.

Love,

Rick