Sunday, October 10, 2021

THANKFULNESS.

 



Thankful for the gift of wonder each new day brings.

Thankful for the birth of a new baby Alba, in our family,

Thankful for my parents whose love gave me life.
Who taught me many things,

I am thankful for my good husband  Larry a good friend who loves me a lot.
He loves to tell stories and we all love listening to them.
Growing old can be an adventure that is shared.

Thankful for each new day a new beginning. 

Thankful for the many hands who have shopped and cooked and brought food to make our
 Thanksgiving dinner delicious.

Thankful for food to eat and food to share.

Thankful for the laughter and love and memories that live on forever.

Thankful for all we have experienced in the past
the dreams we still have for our future.

Thankful for the beauty of nature.
The brightness of green grass
the colors of fall each leaf different.

Thankful for my family those I will be with on this day'
and those I carry in my heart and in my prayers

Thankful for the power of prayer that sends love to each one.

Thankful for the faith that produces good deeds of kindness.

Thankful for the times we feel vulnerable
especially when we feel like we have done something wrong
or someone has hurt out feelings.

Thankful for the gift of forgiveness.

Thankful to live in a free country
where we feel secure and grateful.

Be with Kenny and the family safe during this time of lock down.

Thankful for each person who makes up our family and brings us joy.
where there is freedom to express our opinions.

Thankful for this day
and the love we have for one another!

Thankful for my faith in Jesus who taught us to love the unlovable,
in times when we feel we have failed.
Times when I need an extra hug.

What are You thankful for?
 
 

3 comments:

Catherine G said...

Amen, Beth.
I'm thankful for you, and your encouraging thoughts.

Shandel said...

I am thankful for new friendships!

nancy-Lou said...

I am thankful for the health of our family...we had a close call with our son, but he is ok now. He had seizures caused from heatstroke in August. He worked too long and hard in very hot conditions.

Major seizures and a very high fever. It caused a brain bleed which is a stoke. He is much better now and we are very thankful for the great care from the paramedics and doctors.
Thank you for all the things you are thankful for too, Beth...it gives us food for thought too!
Love to you both,
Nancy