Monday, January 3, 2022

APPRECIATION

Christmas is over,
Lights are disappearing,
A sad time for some of us,
Disappointments seem hard to bear at this time of year,
We all want to be jolly and merry,
I missed seeing Leah and Craig,
Hope Astrid had a Happy Birthday,
They are both growing up so fast!

The rain is washing the snow away,
It will be easier to walk,

We appreciated the delicious turkey dinner cooked by Carol,
and her helper Panteli,
We were a small fun group,
Opening Christmas presents is always exciting,
Hopefully we will do better buying gifts next year,

We appreciate the visits from Sandra and Randy. Carol and Panteli,
We are enjoying the cookies and muffins they made for us,

We appreciate all the hard work of cleaning the snow off our driveway,
Thanks Sandra and Randy and Panteli,
Thanks also to Hilary doing some shopping for us,
Also for Sandra driving me over before she left from visiting dad,

Carol did a great job driving me over to get my third shot,
Everything went very smoothly,
I just sat in the car and rolled up my sheaves,

I had a lively visit on the phone with my brother,
His boys are being very helpful.
Cleaning the chimney and the driveway and bringing food,

He always says a prayer for my family, much appreciated,

We do not know what the New Year will bring.
We are praying for better health for all,
We need renewed energy and stronger faith,
God's love has the power to transform and heal even our broken hearts,

Dad and I are so thankful we have each other
and our family and friends,

A calm morning after a very windy night.
the big branches did a wild dance against the windows,








 


3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

A calm morning is always a good thing.

I'm glad you got your booster shot. You found your Care-card? My thanks to Carol for driving you over.

I think Karl and Mark live a long way from Invermere, so it was very nice of them to go all the way over there to help out Uncle Brian.

I am much the same. Go back to the doctor in the hospital on Jan 11th. Sent her a long email with a list of complaints before hand, so I don't forget something when I get there.

Watched Foyle last night. Good show.

Take care on the wet and slushy streets!

Love
Rick

Sandra said...

We have snow here again this morning and my car won't start. Will have to wait for Randy to get home and see what he thinks.

Sandra

Ken Bennett said...

Another day in lockdown !!! one more day to go !! Brittany has Covid as well. Humid and warm with a lot of rain expected Thursday and Friday. it's my birthday, we have no plans.
Ken