Saturday, January 22, 2022

POSITIVE

                                         One positive thought can change your day.

                                          "My life is a book, make it a best seller."  -S Gret

We  had a good visit with Carol and Pentali and Sandra.as we shared supper with them.

Sorry Randy could not be there.  He had painful dental work done.  Will phone tomorrow to see how he is.

We were talking about happiness.  This morning I wrote about things that made me happy.

Walking Spenser,  a good funny joke, when I am free of pain, visits with family and friends.  Pat and John dropped by today and it was good to see them.  We are planning to have them come over with our friends Nick and Dorena in Feb.

Today dad actually found me when he drove out to pick me up.  I really was happy to see him.

Yes I have a few stories I could add to my book about me.

I have raised four amazing children with dad's help of course. 

I acted quickly when I smelt smoke coming up from the basement.  I took the children to the neighbors       and phoned the fire department and grabbed the hose to spray on the flames.

I have flown in a small plane.  I was very afraid but tried to be brave.  

I have driven through blizzards with dad when we could not even see the road.

I have loved and been loved.

My faith has brought me joy and peace and courage when I have needed it most

I have wonderful memories.  I pray every day for my loved ones.  I am happy Carol is on her way to visit grand daughter Alba. I feel closer to those far away when I pray for them.  This is the way I keep them close and in my heart. 

 

2 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I remember the fire in the basement on 55A street. The others are probably too young to remember. I remember the hole it burned in the back door. You and Mr. Simpson were putting water in via the hole in the door, if I remember correctly. At the beginning of the whole adventure I remember you saying, "Do you smell smoke?" and I stood up on the couch that was against the railing for the stairs going down to the basement to smell better. But I didn't smell anything.

Dad had to find you and Spenser? You were lost? Or just delayed by chats with fellow walkers?

I will very likely be talking to the mining engineers from Australia this afternoon. It will soon be Monday in Australia.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I remember the fire, going over next door and waiting.

Sandra